At DataRobot we’ve developed a powerful machine learning application, underpinned by a flexible platform that runs in many environments, from customer hardware to the cloud. Testing is central to our efforts to deliver innovative solutions to our customers. DataRobot seeks to expand the testing we do to better replicate real-world use cases. As a Performance Engineer on our R&D team, you will lead efforts to measure the performance of DataRobot and other tools.
As a Performance Engineer, you will:
- Create and improve performance testing tools and framework
- Run performance tests manually and in an automated way
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of test plans (scripts)
- Create new and improve/maintain existing tests
- Review test coverage and provide suggestions to improve the quality and cost efficiency of overall system testing
- Design tests that will measure, validate, and provide insight into the performance of systems and components
- Automate performance tests, reports, and validations
- Apply statistical analysis to results and metrics
- Collaborate with stakeholders to analyze and interpret test results
- Audit codebase and system design to identify bottlenecks and offer solutions
- Create, configure, and instrument entire environments
- Identify performance issues and risks before they reach the production.
- Help grow a performance competency
We’re a fast-paced team with a commitment to quality software. You need to be willing to learn whatever it takes to get the job done, from building expertise on major cloud platforms, familiarizing yourself with different machine learning tools, programming your own services and libraries in Python, to orchestrating environments in the cloud.
- Excellent Verbal and Written English Skills
- 5+ years of performance and scale testing for complex distributed systems
- 3+ Linux / Unix user experience
- 1+ years of experience with containers (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes, etc.)
- 1+ years experience CI pipeline configuration (e.g. Jenkins, TeamCity, TFS/azure devops)
- Experience with database design and implementation (e.g., noSQL, RDMS, etc.)
- Ability and willingness to dig into a complex issues and understand intricacies
- Experience with any of performance testing tool: (any of jmeter, locust, gatling, tsung)
- Able to drive a project from ideation to completion.
- Experience with Git
- Experience with any APM (AppDynamics, dynatrace, elk apm, newrelic, datadog )
- Experience with Python / R / groovy / java
- Operational skills: excellent candidates will have
- Experience using Python / R for data science and machine learning
- Experience with cloud infrastructure providers AWS (preferable) / GCP/ AZURE.
- Experience with time series DB influxDB or clickHouse
- Experience with Jupyter/Rstudio and/or cloud machine learning SDKs
- Analytic skills:
- Experience with charting or visualization tools
- Experience with tools (eBPF , Ngrep , Tcpdump , Perf / GCeasy / Jprofiler)
- Ability to accurately summarize and report test metrics
Why work with us
- We are automating data science which is challenging and cool at the same time
- We are experiencing massive growth (doubling year on year) which opens up once-in-a-lifetime opportunities to help define how our engineering team collaborates
- We are funded by top tier investors
- We have a great working environment that is warm and friendly
DataRobot is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. DataRobot is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Please see the United States Department of Labor’s EEO poster and EEO poster supplement for additional information.