Sensor Tower is the leading solution for mobile marketers, app developers, and industry analysts who demand superior competitive insights into the mobile market economy.
We serve independent and Fortune 500 customers alike, spanning the mobile games, travel & hospitality, music, finance, and broadcast entertainment markets. Our suite of products consists of free, “SMB”, and Enterprise-tiered solutions including Store Intelligence, Usage Intelligence, Ad Intelligence, and App Intelligence. We are a privately held company headquartered in San Francisco and were a member of AngelPad’s startup incubator program in 2013. Our insights are cited by the world’s leading news and finance publications, including the Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, Forbes, Fortune, Bloomberg, CNBC, The Washington Post, and Reuters.
From efficiently scaling database operations to supporting the growing amount of data (tens of terabytes), we're looking for engineers that have the creativity and skills to gather meaningful data and insights. As an engineer at Sensor Tower, you will make sure we're building the best possible products and features to support our users. In our lean and flat organization, you will also have a meaningful say in what and how we build out all aspects of our product.
This is a remote position.
- Work with development and product teams to ensure processes progress all the way through maturity
- Exert ownership and understand the long term needs of the business and provide strategic direction for our infrastructure
- Lead development of the more advanced backend features
- Collaborate with the Data Science team to design and optimize our data pipelines and database architecture
- Make Sensor Tower observable and implement industry best practices telemetry
- Drive privacy, compliance, and security initiatives
- Investigate performance, infrastructure, and process failures, conduct post mortem, and facilitate continuous improvement
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years of production programming experience (Ruby and Bash preferred)
- Strong background in Linux Administration
- Experience with automation/configuration management using Ansible or similar technologies
- Expertise in AWS technologies
- Telemetry and monitoring experience
- Understanding of automation and orchestration tools and infrastructure
Why Join Sensor Tower?
- Our Background: We were named one of the 50 Tech Companies to Know in 2020 and Best Midsize Companies to Work For 2021 by BuiltIn.
- After seven years of building Sensor Tower off of $1MM (Seed, 2013), we're excited to announce our $45MM growth investment. Read more about it here, in the words of our co-founders. We have a birds-eye view of the entire mobile app ecosystem, and we keep our teams constantly abreast of the latest mobile app trends, news, and best practices.
- Our Values: Sensor Tower's Core Values: Customer-Focused, Innovative, Continuously Learning, Action-Oriented, Respectful, Data & Metrics-Driven. We grant options to all of our employees because we recognize that everybody plays an integral role in our success; thus all employees should be invested in Sensor Tower (both figuratively and literally).
- Our Benefits: We offer unlimited PTO, Health and Wellness stipends, flexible work hours, 401K, team trips (white water rafting, Hawaii, and weekend Tahoe mansion trips to name a few), and more.
Our Covid-19 Specific benefits include: Stipend to set up your home office and/or gym, WiFi stipend, daily UberEats delivery stipend, and virtual team events.